Traveling can be a very scary prospect for those with major medical conditions. If you have an upcoming trip planned and are afraid of the potential medical complications that may arise, you might want to consider hiring a medical assistance professional to escort, assist, or advise you!
What Do Medical Assistance Companies Do?
Medical assistance companies offer a variety of services. Most of these go far beyond what limited services are available through a travel insurance agency. Some of these include:
- Medical evacuation. This may include air, ground, water, or other forms of transportation, all of which are staffed with medical personnel and are intended to move patients to a safer location.
- Emergency evacuation and casualty management. In the event of a disaster, these companies often provide rescue and medical assistance to multiple people.
- Monitoring of medical condition and files, and case management. These services ensure that patients are being represented in the medical setting and are receiving the highest-quality possible care.
- Remote medical assistance in areas otherwise unavailable by public road.
- Creation and provision of medical emergency response plans.
- Advice and planning assistance for travel, taking medical conditions and needs into consideration.
- Repatriation (recovery) of remains when a loved one passes away out of their home country. (This applies to military personnel and private citizens.)
- Escort services for medical relocation flights, repatriation flights, etc.
- Advice, assistance, and counseling for any number of travel and medical-related scenarios.
With all of this to offer, it’s no wonder medical assistance companies have become such a valuable part of the modern medical team.
Book Your Flight, Leave your Fright
If you or a loved one needs medical transportation or other services, look for a medical assistance provider in your own community. These professionals have the experience, knowledge, and caring touch you need to face even your toughest medical challenges. Contact your nearest company today and stop letting the fear of what might happen with your health prevent you from enjoying life!