A dermatologist can diagnose and treat a wide array of skin conditions so a person’s skin is kept healthy. The skin is considered the largest organ of the body and proper care must be given to ensure it remains as healthy as possible. It is imperative individuals know the signs to look for so they will understand when to seek treatment from a Dermatologist in Lehigh Valley PA. With treatment, skin issues can be properly treated and relieved.
Signs a Dermatologist Is Needed
There are many skin conditions that can begin to occur, at a variety of ages. Many people neglect the health of their skin and do not see a dermatologist in Lehigh Valley PA. The following are some of the signs a person needs to schedule an appointment with the dermatologist.
- If a person has experienced a sunburn, especially a blistering one, they need to make sure they see a dermatologist to have their skin checked for any signs of cancer. Sunburns and tanning beds are the number one reasons people experience skin cancer.
- Rashes that do not go away after a few days need to be checked by the dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Some rashes can become chronic and need ongoing treatment to properly manage them.
- Changes in moles or wounds that do not properly heal are both signs a person needs to schedule an appointment with the dermatologist. These can be biopsied to check for cancer and treated properly.
- Acne that will not respond to normal at-home treatment options needs to be checked by a dermatologist to determine what type is present and the right treatment.
- Increased sun sensitivity should also be checked by the dermatologist. This issue can be a sign of systemic lupus, which needs to be properly managed by a physician.
Call For an Appointment
If you have noticed any of the above issues, it is time for you to schedule an appointment with the dermatologist, to determine a diagnosis and proper treatment. Contact the office of Kirit Kothari MD to schedule your appointment today. With a full examination and testing, your skin condition can be properly treated.