When a person suffers a blow to the head directly or indirectly, it can result in a concussion. This can occur when the individual falls, is shaken violently, or their head impacts an object to disrupt the biochemical process in a person’s brain. This can cause a temporary change in the brains function and in some cases, a concussion can cause a more permanent change. When someone suffers a blow to their head, it is important to receive immediate medical attention. If left untreated it can lead to irreversible damage to the brain. A doctor can determine how severe the damage is and provide concussion treatment in Toronto, ON area to help speed up the recovery process.
Natural Remedies to Promote Healing
- Ice packs should be used to help decrease swelling and prevent inflammation of the brain, it is important the individual avoids exposure to extreme heat while healing.
- Consuming foods high in antioxidants such as calcium, vitamin C, and folic acid that promote the body healing.
- They should not make any sudden movements that can aggravate the trauma to the brain to cause further problems.
- Acupuncture can be used to help alleviate any pain the person is feeling from the impact and increase the energy flow in the body that will promote the healing from inside.
- Herbal remedies can be used instead of traditional medication to help lessen the symptoms of a concussion and aid in the healing process.
Do Not Delay in Receiving Treatment from a Professional
When dealing with any type of brain injury, it is critical to seek out medical attention to minimize the damage that has occurred. At Back in Balance Clinic, their primary focus is to assist each client in determining the right treatment plan for them. They offer the holistic solutions to treating a variety of disorders, diseases, and injuries in combination with or without traditional medical treatments. Start promoting the healing of your body today by scheduling an appointment with one of their certified practitioners.