Choosing the right mobility aid is crucial for people who are not able to walk on their own. Disease and injury can cause a person to be limited in their ability to remain mobile without intervention. Thankfully, there are now a host of Mobility Aids in Pittsburgh PA. It is important a person fully understands all of their options so they can make a sound choice with the help of their doctor.
These are the most common mobility aids:
* Canes are available in a single and multi-point design, depending on a person’s needs. They are available in a wide array of sizes, lengths, colors, and styles so almost everyone can find a type that works well for their needs. Because they are lightweight and portable, many people find them the perfect option to help with mild mobility issues so a person can stay steady on their feet and reduce strain on their joints.
* Crutches are available in two main types. Underarm crutches are usually used on a temporary basis after an injury or surgery causes a person to be unable to walk without help. Forearm crutches are typically used when a person needs long-term intervention because they are more comfortable.
* Walkers can feature wheels or stands, depending on what a person might need. Some walkers not only provide a mobility aid but also offer a seat for those who cannot stand for long periods of time. Most walkers are easily folded, so they are fairly easy to use and travel with.
* Manual wheelchairs are an option for those who cannot stand. This type of wheelchair is most often used by people who have a caregiver who can push them. There are also models that are meant to be self-propelled.
* Motorized wheelchairs and scooters are ideal for those who cannot walk at all and want to remain mobile. They can be used on many types of terrain and even in a home.
If you are in need of Mobility Aids in Pittsburgh PA, learn more about your options when you visit the website. They provide their clients with the aids they need so they can remain mobile and enjoy life.